Local Transportation and Sightseeing
Abu Dhabi is the capital of the Emirate with the same name. The city of Abu Dhabi is an island located in the central-west region of the UAE. The gorgeous city offers a mix of ancient history, rich culture and heritage, stunning nature, beautiful beaches, high-end luxury, surprising wildlife, family-friendly adventure, world-class shopping centers, renowned golf courses, and a welcoming atmosphere.
Getting to Downtown Abu Dhabi
Arriving from the airport
If you are arriving by plane, you can take a taxi from Abu Dhabi International Airport to your hotel. Taxis are ranging between AED 80 – 120 to downtown Abu Dhabi. Some hotels offer free airport shuttle services. Check with your hotel if shuttle services are offered. Most of the major car rentals are available at Abu Dhabi International Airport.
Sightseeing in Abu Dhabi
The organizers in Abu Dhabi work with a local tourism company to offer good deals of sightseeing to the participants of MARSS 2023 Conference. Below, you can find some deals (more options might be added later on), and also some other recommended options for you to look into for self-directed exploration.
Sightseeing Packages by Nirvana Travel and Tourism:
- Deal# 1 – Abu Dhabi Half-Day Tour: Visiting Grand Mosque, Central Souq Market, Heritage Village, Corniche Road, Iranian Market, Dates Market, and Fishing Harbour (Cost: between AED 175 to AED 350 per person, depending on the number of guests and the chosen vehicle).
- Deal# 2 – Evening Desert Safari: This safari trip includes pick-up and drop off at your selected location, transportation by SUV, dune bashing, sand boarding, Henna painting, camel ride, water and soft drinks, and BBQ dinner buffet. (Cost: ~ AED 275 per person).
- Deal# 3 – Dubai Full Day Tour: Pick-up and drop-off from the selected hotel/location in Abu Dhabi in an air-conditioned bus with a professional and licensed tour guide. The trip will cover visits to The Blue Mosque & Al Khayma House, a ride across Dubai Creek in a traditional abra boat. In addition, visits to Palm Jumeirah Atlantis, Burj Al Arab, and several other locations will also take place. The duration of the trip is ~12 hours (Cost: AED ~200 without lunch per person and AED ~320 with lunch, per person).
Contact Achu S Charuvil for booking and mention MARSS2023 as the deal code, Email: email@example.com, P.O.Box: 41818, Abu Dhabi, UAE, Tel: +971 2 628 7250 | M. +971 50 430 5292
List of a few recommended options for self-directed exploration:
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque: The largest mosque in the UAE.
- Observation Deck at 300: The highest vantage point in Abu Dhabi. Level 74 of Conrad Abu Dhabi Etihad Towers.
- Yas Theme Parks: Home for three of the world’s leading theme parks – Ferrari World Abu Dhabi, Yas Waterworld, and Warner Bros World Abu Dhabi.
- Louvre Museum: A world-renowned art museum.
- Eastern Mangrove National Park: Mangrove forest with over 60 species of birds, plus channels for kayaking and other water activities.
- Heritage Village: A family-friendly spot to experience the traditional way of life in the desert.
- UAE Currency Museum: The museum showcasing a variety of paper notes, gold and silver coins.
- The Founder’s Memorial: A permanent national tribute dedicated to commemorating the life, legacy and values of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, the founding father of the UAE.
- Emirates National Auto Museum: The unique collection of vehicles.
- Desert camping, Jeep safari, and Dune bashing: The best desert experience in the UAE.
- Emirates Palace: The epitome of luxury in Abu Dhabi, showcasing Arabian hospitality at its finest.
- Qasr Al Hosn: The oldest and most significant building in Abu Dhabi, holding the city’s first permanent structure; the watchtower.
- Qasr Al Watan: More than just a palace, it is an enriching interactive journey in a contemporary setting that reveals and reflects on governance, knowledge and craftsmanship.
- The Souk at World Trade Center Abu Dhabi: Offering everything from traditional artefacts to henna, spices to jewelry, Arabic perfumes to clothing and accessories.